“I love what I’m doing, and miss you terribly all at the same time.”
Randall and I had an in-person chat at 12.01am Pacific Standard time January 1st, 2019. The rest of the conversation was mostly Randall laughing at me as I shared with him some of the antics I’ve been up to and a “fight” about how mad he was when I heard I went up on our roof (of a flat one-story house) to fix the twinkle lights. “Jo, you scare me. It’s so dangerous.” he said. I pointed out the hypocrisy.
Hi readers, this is Jo, for one of my periodic check-ins with all of you lovely readers. Time for a quick update on the frequently asked questions…
1. Do you guys chat on the phone and/or facetime each other? No, the phone call is only the second chat we’ve had since Randall left last year. We email however every day.
2. Does Randall have internet access? No. He can, however, send and receive messages. This is why it takes us a couple of days to get his posts live. With the combination of time zones and the fact that Team Figure 8 have day jobs back home means we build in the buffer.
3. Does Randall read my comments or questions? Yes and No. If you’re commenting on the website – we pull all the comments off the site each week and send him a summary. This means if you’re commenting on Facebook, Twitter, etc we’re not sending them. Sadly it’s a bit of a fiddle, and as I need to prioritize paying the bills, this is the call we’ve had to make. That said, PLEASE comment on the website. Randall LOVES to read everything.
4. Wait a second, you work? What do you do? Yep, while I’m HUGELY grateful to all the Figure 8 sponsors and Go Fund Me supporters, I do have to make a living. I get to travel around the world telling people why they’re awesome for a living. Yes really. Randall’s not the only one doing something a bit unusual with his life. Like him, I’m doing my life’s work and getting to change how people (and other people) think about themselves is the best job in the world. Curious, you can read about what I’m doing here.
5. How can I help? Share Randall’s story. Share how easy it is to follow him. We have a couple of readers who have put maps up in their offices and homes so they can update the voyage with the people around them.
If you have other questions you’d like me to answer, please comment below. I. Read. Everything.
Lastly, I want to wish ALL of you – and we’re somewhere around 2000 followers to date – an amazing 2019. And THANK YOU! While this is technically a solo adventure, knowing each one of you is out there cheering us on makes this all worthwhile.
Until next time, Jo